How old were you when you knew you wanted to be a writer?
- I have wanted to write since I was a child. I have always been an avid reader and the more books I consumed, the more intrigued I became with writing myself.
Who are your favorite authors? (Please limit your answer to five or ten.)
- Ayn Rand, James Mitchner, Ken Follet, Stephen King, Frank Turner Hollon, Cormac McCarthy, Caleb Carr.
What are your greatest sources of inspiration?
- My desire to touch people with my writing, make them feel emotion. Bring some excitement and intensity to their reading. That inspires me.
What genre(s) do you write?
- Psychological thriller, horror, suspense.
Do you have any current or future projects?
- I am currently writing “Redemption”, the sequel to my first book, A Thin line. When that is published I will write a second collection of short stories called “Darker Musings”.
Do you have an author website?
- I do. Author David Boiani
Do you have any blogs?
- No blogs.
Where can people find your work? (to purchase or just to read)
If you could feature just one title, what would it be?
- I think my second book, Dark musings, is really well written and interesting. It is a collection of short stories that have a wide range of subject matter and styles. I tried to shadow real life issues and the fear we all have of them with these stories. They all have a dark edge though, so if the darker aspects of reality disturb you, you may want to pass.
Do you have any pseudonyms?
Do you have any other hobbies besides writing?
- I play guitar in an all originals, alt rock band called The Whole façade and we just released our fourth CD. I am very active, play softball, tennis. I also am an avid reader.
Tell us something interesting about yourself.
- I have a wonderful 17 year old daughter who is off to college in the fall. Fatherhood has taught me so much about myself and life. It was probably the scariest challenge I’ve had in my life but has turned out to be the most fulfilling as well.
Is there anything else you would like to share?
- I have weekly updates on my website. For the next few months I will profile a different serial killer and talk about how they have affected me and my writing. I have plans to continue weekly features on different themes like my favorite books, horror/thriller movies and interesting subjects like that.